METSOTSOANA

 


METSOTSOANA 

[ a moment that made me realise taking my life would've been too soon ] 


This moment.
This moment I just came out of.
For the first time in a long time ,
I have felt free.
I felt released from the shackles of my trauma.

The rain.
Giving me endless kisses as I try to reach my arms out and scream at the top of my chest.
The wind.
Ofcouse enviously smudging every kiss that landed upon my face.

The time.
22:15 and I wondered if the world had been watching me smile.
The air , forcing its way through my clothes , stripping me of the last warmth I had kept for myself.

I was standing at the back of a bakkie.
In clear target for all my enemies who might have wanted to end me.
I felt as though the world owed me more of these moments.
I felt like a butterfly , struggling in the wind yet flying quite high.

The shackles of my pessimistic mindset , were broken as though to let those watching know:

" this is his moment & his moment only ".

This moment I just came out of.
This moment that made wanting to stay alive feel refreshing.
This moment was the turning point.

Comments

  1. "The shackles of my pessimistic mindset, were broken as though to let those watching know"😭😭😭

    ReplyDelete
  2. andizazi ndifike njan pha , but ndipha mntase 😭😭

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts