HOMELANDS.

 


Homelands. 

[ the idea of ilali being my peace ] 

uphumaphi wena ? - where you from. 


It's dark out.
The world is quiet.
The streets are crowded with those with no homes ,
Those with no souls ,
Those with no goals.

My reflection on the inside of the car window ,
has my imagination creating thoughts ,
that become words ,
that become this piece ,
my peace.

Without the distraction from the city lights ,
The stars end up lighting the city.
The privilege to sit in the front row ,
to see the first star and Orion's belt.
I guess maybe sometimes I do feel as though the rural areas cater for my well-being more than the city.

It's dark out.
The world is quiet.
My heart is quiet.
My mind almost there.
The homelands - The quietness ,
that made this piece ,
It gave me my peace. 

Comments

Popular Posts